Monday, March 16, 2009

Inspiration

I came across this great Helen Keller quote on the website of my new obsession, Alabama Chanin:  (which is a great website!)
"Security is mostly superstition.  It does not 
exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.  Avoiding danger is no safer in the end than outright exposure.  Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."  I keep thinking about this quote in a variety of contexts 
in my life, I like it, I like the way it makes me think.

Speaking of Alabama Chanin, their book,  The Alabama Stitch Book, has struck a chord with me and inspired my artistic spirit.  Here is a panel of the skirt I'm working on from the book:

2 comments:

  1. Iris, seeing your handiwork makes me want to clean up the back room and pull out my knitting to finish these black alpaca socks and move on to the next project, with an organized work room. I'll be sure to take Sark's advice and organize my workspace badly and just enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool design! I can't wait to see the finished skirt...

    ReplyDelete